Asset Construction Consultants are a practice of Chartered Building Surveyors, based on the south coast of England. Asset Construction Consultants was established by Matthew Goddard and offers a full range of Building Surveying services with a breath of experience of most building types.
MATTHEW GODDARD BSc(Hons) MRICS
Matthew has over 25 years experience in the industry working both within the private and public sectors. He attended the University of Greenwich where he obtained a BSc Honours Degree in Building Surveying.
Matthew is a Chartered Building Surveyor (MRICS) with experience of a multitude of buildings and their uses including residential, commercial, local authority and NHS.
This experience extends to new build, conversions, change of use, refurbishments, maintenance works and disabled adaptations.
Key skills include:
- Surveys – Carrying out building surveys, condition surveys, defects analysis, full measured building and land surveys (including the use of specialised equipment e.g. levels, theodolite etc.).
- Specifications and Schedules – Preparing specifications for new build, refurbishments, maintenance works etc. and schedules of condition, dilapidations and repairs.
- Contract Administration – Carrying out full contract administration duties including preparation of contract documents, issuing of contract instructions, variations, certificates for payments, certificates of practical completion, non completion and of making good defects etc.
- Drawings – Carrying out full design analysis. Preparing sketch and working drawings.
- Legal – Obtaining necessary consents including Planning, Building Regulations, Listed Buildings, Conservation Areas and acting as Building Owner or Adjoining Owner surveyor under the Party Wall etc. Act 1996.
- Calculations – Preparing SAP ratings (energy rating for dwellings etc) and evaluating heat loss assessments.